Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Am I allowed to go in a nail salon while pregnant?

I have had mixed reviews and my girlfriend just called me and asked me to go get pedicures after work today. For some reason I am thinking I heard nail salons are no good for Preggo women. Can anyone shed some light on this? ThanksAm I allowed to go in a nail salon while pregnant?
I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have gotten my nails done SEVERAL times while pregnant, my baby is already 6 lbs and healthy as can be. I don't believe being in a nail salon for an hour is going to effect the baby. I wouldn't work at one though..I'm sure exposure over an extended period of time wouldn't be good. IF paranoia is still there, they have masks, ask for one :)Am I allowed to go in a nail salon while pregnant?
I get my nails done every 2-3 weeks and sometimes a pedi along with it. I know that when you are far enough along you should not get a pedi because the way they massage your feet could put your into early labor. I dont think the chemicals will harm you too bad unless they are REALLY strong but ive been going to the same people for a while now so they give me one of those nose and mouth mask. I know i probably look kinda funny lol but it works and alot of the workers there wear them and there are a few other girls i know that go there and wear them.
You can go, but wait until your second trimester, and ask for a mask, a fan, and to be near a window or door just to be safe, so you get enough ventilation from the fumes.





Congrats and good luck :)
Ok 1st answerer i think she's talking about the smell not toe infections. Im not quit sure about that. I was wondering that too.
I did. There wasn't a lot of chemical smells to worry me. I had my nails done about every 2 weeks while pregnant and my baby was fine.
It's fine to go get your nails done. I go every two weeks. Try to get someone to go your nails near the door so you get more fresh air.
No you can go as long as you don't inhale a lot of chemicals
I get one every 2 weeks. pedi and mani. just tell them to be careful not to cut your skin, so you don't get infections.
yes, pamper yourself and get those toes done! I went very often when i was pregnant with my son
i got a pedi soon before i had my son and in the pictures my feet look great!fatter but great:)
yep of course.
I just had my nails and toes done last week and I am almost 29 weeks....your fine. :)
  • lip blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment