Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How successfull are nail salons? I will be opening a nail salon in Chicago.?

I will be opening a nail salon mid March and wanted to know what the success rate would be. Any helpful hints from nail salon owners would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.How successfull are nail salons? I will be opening a nail salon in Chicago.?
I don't own a nail salon but I have been doing my nails for at least ten years so as a consumer, this is what I need and am drawn to:





Large selection of nail polish while constantly replacing the old ones. Nothing is worse than a nail tech trying to paint your nails with old, thick, bubly polish!





Clean, clean, and did I mention clean? Make sure your place is aesthetically appealing.





Hire quality! Make sure the nail techs listen to their clients. You don't know how many times I've had to say ';thin and narrow'; before giving up and vowing to never return!





Have good music! We're in there of at least an hour so forget the tv with poor antenna, give us some good tunes!





Differentiate yourself... Bridal party? Tell them to bring a champaigne bottle and serve them mimosas. *you provide the oj ;)*





When you take appointments KEEP THEM! Most salons say they take appointments but once you get there you'll be there for 15-20 minutes either way.





I've been to the same place for years because of the girl who does my nails not the place. I stopped going because as much as I like her work, the place is just out of date and supplies are old!





For the most part, I've seen some of my neioghborhood salons around for at least ten years which says to me the success rate must be good. I know I dodn;t really answer your question but I hope it helps you be successful by knowing what clients want! Good luck on your new business endeavor!How successfull are nail salons? I will be opening a nail salon in Chicago.?
Try to make a small survey of the region and try to find out if their is a need in the demand from targeted customers of that picticular region. also you can try to find out about the number of nail saloons in the locality and the amount of fees they normally charge.


if you want hints from saloon owners , try to seek some advice from thailand, they are very good at it, maybe the best in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment