Friday, May 14, 2010

Is it insulting to tip at a nail salon?

The salon I go to does not allow customers to add tip to their bill when they pay with a credit card. This, to me, means that the salon is not encouraging their customers to leave tips.





I've heard that some people are insulted when they receive a tip because it implies that the establishment is not paying them enough.





I've always thought that tipping is a nice way to recognize a job well done, but I don't want to insult any one.





Should I stop tipping at this salon?Is it insulting to tip at a nail salon?
Actually they sound a little devious rather than noble. I was told by a friend in the waiting industry that it's much safer to leave a cash tip than add it to the credit card bill. At the end of the day people don't always claim their credit card tips and that money just goes right back into the establishment. It sounds more like they're promoting people to pay, and tip, in cash, which is easier for them to deal with. If your manicurist does a good job, offer him/her a cash tip. If they still refuse, perhaps they do have honerable intentions. If that's the case send me the address of the salon because wherever I go a tip is expected!Is it insulting to tip at a nail salon?
I thought it was expected.
keep tipping
some dont allow it on the credit card slip, but you can always slip who ever did your nails cash. i do. i think it's easyer to decide who gets the tip rather than the company.


i have never heard of any business not aception tips. ..
No it is not.





My aunt is the owner of her nail salon.





Her workers prefer to be paid in cash....AND....





She says that the problem is, that people don't tip ENOUGH.





Many of the manicurists don't like to accept spare chunk change.





Not to make them sound greedy, but what could they do with a few quarters out of your pocket?





You're supposed to tip atleast 7% out of what your service cost was.





I have witnessed people leaving quarters and dimes as tips.





Yes, it is insulting to leave quarters and dimes. Isn't their service worth more than that. It's a Korean thing.
I would much rather hand the tech a cash tip. That way, I know the person that did the work is actually getting the money that was meant for them.





I never tip on my credit or debit card.
They way I figure, if an establishment does not has a ';no tipping'; rule, then tip. If the individual gets insulted by your gratitude, take your business elsewhere next time.
keep tipping

No comments:

Post a Comment