Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do you bring your children with you to the nail salon?

My daughter is going to be 3 next month and loves when I do her nails and I am going to get a pedicure done after work today and was thinking of bringing her with me instead of having my husband get her and let them paint her nails... will they do this (JUST paint) and for a small cost and do you think she'll annoy others?Do you bring your children with you to the nail salon?
Personally I wouldn't want a child around if I was doing nails. There are a lot of dangerous chemicals in a salon and my mind would be on the safety of the child not the job I was supposed to be doing. Also I'm not sure I'd want to inflict acrylic monomer fumes on one so young and there are bound to be fumes if its busyDo you bring your children with you to the nail salon?
Its always fun to have a bonding day with your daughter but when you are pampering yourself, its your time so relax and enjoy it. I think daddy should take her to a store and let her pick out her fav nail color and mommy paint them when she gets home. Another idea is to have a little pampering party at home with her and a few friends and do a dress up and paint their toes and fingers. As a nail tech I was sometimes distracted and annoyed when I try to pamper my clients and my client is distracted by having to keep an eye on thier kids. Moving, shaking, yelling, etc., Yes annoying for others too coming to relax. I love kids but they are better to stay home.
Luckily I don't have young children. But as a customer of a salon, I resent when people bring young children - I don't care how well behaved they are, eventually they are going to get bored. The best is the new mother with the infant who cries the entire time she's getting her pedicure. You can't tell me that's relaxing for her! Just like it's not relaxing to the rest of us in there at the time. I'm paying good money for a nice relaxing manicure / pedicure and I don't really want to deal with young kids running around. You just keep doing her nails at home and let Daddy have her while you enjoy a little pampering .
If you really think she'll sit still and not be loud then it shouldn't be a problem to bring her. But if you think there's any chance she could aggravate the other customers I wouldn't bring her cause lots of women use their nail salon time as a time to relax and have ';me time'; and it just wouldn't be fair to them when her dad could watch her to avoid that.
If shes a normal 3 year old, bring her.. if shes very hard to control..don't. Most people in nail salons are women and have been mothers at some point. we understand and think its cute when we see a little one getting her nails done. If you were just going to get your own done and expect her to just sit there the whole time than no. Thats kind of mean
You know your child better then us. do you think she will sit and wait. Usually 3 years olds are not patient. Maybe you can also get her a pedicure . It wont really be a pedicure she will just be getting her feet soaked and toe nails polished. It will be fun for her.
No, its very distracting for not only the tech, but for others who may be there as well. The techs and other employees are not babysitters - it is a professional place of business. Kids don't belong in this environment. Just my opinion...
only you can know that.
you can...it will cost about 3-5 dollars I would think


but if she's bad...i don't think so
No i Dont have any kids

No comments:

Post a Comment