Saturday, January 23, 2010

3 weeks ago I went for manicure and am wondering how to remove acrylic nails? Do I go back to the nail salon?

I have acrylic nails on my fingernails and don't know how to remove them or have them re-done. The manicure was a Mother's Day gift and was the first time I got a maniciure with acrylic nails. I don't want to go back to the same salon because they were too rough when filing my nails ~ they filed into 3 of my fingers (ouch) and didn't even apologize. Anyway, my real nails are growing out and it doesn't look too nice at this point in time.3 weeks ago I went for manicure and am wondering how to remove acrylic nails? Do I go back to the nail salon?
u can dissolve the acrylics off with acetone...3 weeks ago I went for manicure and am wondering how to remove acrylic nails? Do I go back to the nail salon?
I've had my nails done before, and usually had them filled once, then would rip them off the second time they needed filling. Ripping them off is not recommended, as it left my real nail brittle, and pealing.


This last time I had my nails done, I looked up options for removal, and the best one I've come across asks for cotton balls, pure acetone, aluminum foil, a rag or cloth, heating pad (optional, but will speed up the process), and an orange stick/cuticle pusher.


One hand at a time so that you're able to change channels as you watch TV (this is kind of a long process): Soak cotton balls in the acetone, and place these on your nails (this is better than soaking your whole fingertip as acetone will drastically dry your skin). Wrap your fingertips in aluminum foil to hold that cotton ball in the right spot. Wrap your hand in the rag/cloth, and then in the heating pad set on low. Wait 15 minutes, then rub off the loose/mushy acrylic material with the orange stick. Repeat until your nail is cleansed, then file any rough edges and put on some clear polish.


And during my ';research'; I found out that Solar Nails are just a brand of acrylic nail. Same old stuff, just sold for $10 more because it sounds fancy. I like the ';Pink and Whites'; more than the regular acrylic because with regular they glue a white tip on and use the same clearish-pink powder all over the nail. With Pink and Whites, the glued tip is slightly clear and two different powders (one pink, one white) are used to create the coloring. That way if you start with short nails, they can put the divide line in a more natural spot, instead of starting in the middle of your nail where the tip is glued.
Well, either you go to another salon and have them re-done (they'll deal with your nails growing in and refreshen the acrylic) or you can get a large bottle of acetone and dip your nails in that and file the acrylic off yourself. That takes forever and day but it's cheaper than a nail shop. Acetone is basically nail polish remover without all the additives -- get it from a beauty supply store.
Go back and get them soaked off. It wont hurt your real nails as bad as just peeling them off does. I wont get arcrylic nails... I always get solar nails. They are much prettier and last longer. To get them redone you go back to the shop and get what is called a refill. You might need a cutdown too, especially after 4 wks.
you can go to a beaty store like sally's and buy some acetone and soak them off. they will come off, but it will take awhile and it will be messy. you might try putting a bowl of the acetone in a bowl of hot water to speed up the process a little. you will probably have to scrap the acrylic off as it gets soft. if you can't find pure acetone nail polish remover with acetone will do just fine.
Sorry you had such an unpleasant experience. I would go to another salon, and ask for them to be removed. If you don't want more acylic/solar nails, ask for a regular manicure...I say this because sometimes when they take the nails off, there might be some slight temporary damage - this either goes away naturally or just grows out.

No comments:

Post a Comment