Thursday, January 21, 2010

I have just opened a nail salon and I had a question about employee compensation.?

I am getting some mixed feed back as to the going rate for a nail tech. Some people say the current industry standard is a 50-50 split with the tech, other are saying 60 tech - 40 shop, yet others are saying 40 tech - 60 shop. Can anyone provide some insight on this? Thanks!!!I have just opened a nail salon and I had a question about employee compensation.?
Well start with what you are willing to pay.





And it can be different with different customers. For instance if the nail tech is bringing clients/ business then they should be getting 60/40 but if it's a new set of clients then 50/50. might be more appropriate. Also if the nail tech is experienced they may be entitled to more compensation.





Basically it depends on the situation.I have just opened a nail salon and I had a question about employee compensation.?
I would say it depends on whether they are bring customers to the shop with them then you could go 60/40 and if no customers coming with them but they are experienced they the same but if no new customers and no experience then 50/50 to start with negotiations open at a later date depending on how much business they bring in. may i ask where you opened up in. I am a soon to be a new nail tech and i am always looking for friends in the business. my best friend has been in business fo 20+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment